Guest Facilties At Shambhala Port Douglas
Shambhala is set amidst 16 acres of rainforest bordering the World Heritage-listed Daintree National Park.
On arrival, guests are welcomed with a selection of locally made jams and breakfast spreads, fresh cut flowers, a bottle of quality Australian wine and freshly sourced local tropical fruits.
- Accommodation for 6 persons in two king suites and one queen suite.
- Air conditioned and ceiling fans
- Mohair throw rugs to help keep the chill away on those slightly colder evenings
- Latex mattress and pillows
- Aveda hair products and locally made natural soaps provided
- Hairdryers to all bathrooms
- Natural soya tea candles in all bathrooms - chocolate scented in master bedroom and vanilla scented in other bedrooms
- Deep two seater spa in master overlooking rolling lawns. Relax in a bath of natural mineral bath salts. (Master bedroom only)
- All up to date appliances including microwave, dishwasher, convention oven
- State of the art 'coffee pod' Nespresso coffee machine and cappuccino machine - selection of coffee and teas provided
- Ice maker for convenience and quick refreshing drinks
- Staples in pantry
- Air-conditioned media room offers an extensive DVD library of over 400 DVD's.
- Diverse selection of books and board games in library
- LCD screen with Satellite TV offering Austar and Free-to-air
- Docking Station for Music
- 14 metre long infinity wet-edge pool (not heated but usually around 22-28°C)
- Lounge around and sunbathe on the modern 'Leaf' recliner lounges
- Beautiful views across the lush lawns to Thornton Peak
- Fully equipped study
- Baby and toddler provisions available
- Pond with water lilies and water fountain
- 2 x courtyards
- Grounds fully irrigated by bore water
- Monitored 24 hour security alarm
- Helicopter landing area